Upcoming Seminar Series
Olympiads School will host a series of seminars toward the end of this semester. All of the Peer Effect seminars will be hosted by students. In the seminars, these accomplished individuals will share their valuable experiences with the audience. This seminar series include 6 topics. Through their presentations, we hope to bring more encouragement and confidence to every attended student. For more information, please click on the “Read more” button.
Latest 2015 Achievement
Congratulations to all Olympiads students who have been accepted into elite American universities and achieved extraordinary results in various science and debate contests.
American University Acceptance
- Michael Liu has been accepted into Harvard University
- Catherine Zheng has been accepted into Harvard University
- Richard Du has been accepted into Princeton University
- Bill Huang has been accepted into Princeton University
- Vanessa Du has been accepted into Columbia University
- Ruby Zhang has been accepted into University of Chicago
- Bill Jia has been accepted into California Institute of Technology
- Frieda Rong has been accepted into University of California, Berkeley
- Jane Du has been accepted into Cornell University
- Tom Ding has been accepted into University of California, Berkeley
Olympiads student Bill Huang has qualified for the International Mathematics Olympiad. The mathematics national team consists of 6 students.
1) Three Olympiads students have qualified for the International Physics Olympiad. They are: Wilson Wu, Andrew Kim, and Oliver Wang. The physics national team consists of 5 students.
2) Two Olympiads students have received first and second place in the American Association of Physics Teachers contest in the Canadian Region. They are: Oliver Wang and Wilson Wu.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Chemistry Olympiad. Jeff An is one of the two students. The chemistry national team consists of 4 students.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Olympiad in Informatics. They are: Timothy Li and Ben Zhang. The informatics national team consists of 4 students.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Astronomy Olympiad. They are: Oliver Wang and Wilson Wu. The astronomy national team consists of 5 students.
1) Alex Wu qualified for the World Schools Team. This is the third student we have had to make the WSDC team which is extremely prestigious and only has 12 members in total. Jeffrey Li and Selina Li both made the national team try-out but did not ultimately make the team.
2) Heather Wong and Selina Li were the top breaking team at the International Competition for Young Debaters (ICYD) held this year at Cambridge University. Selina was the top speaker and Heather was the third speaker but unfortunately they only made it to the semi-finals.
3) Alykhan and Jocelyn were quarter finalists at the Junior National Championships. As well, Alykhan was the top speaker, Jocelyn was 9th, Matt Wang was 12th and Alex Wang was 14th.