During the holiday season, Olympiads School will be closed from December 24 – 28 and January 1, 2016. For the missed classes from December 25 – 28, there will be make up classes on December 22, 23, 29, and 30. For the missed classes on January 1, there will be make up classes on January 2 and 3. For a detailed make up class schedule, please click here for the timetable.
New Biology Contest Class
Olympiads School will open a new biology contest class from December 19, 2015 to April 23, 2016. The time for this class will be every Saturday afternoon from 4:50 – 6:50. If anyone is interested, the prerequisite is grade 12 biology or AP biology.
For more information about the National Biology Competition, please click the following link: http://biocomp.utoronto.ca/.
If you are interested in this program, please click here to register.
Winter semester registration has begun
The winter semester will be starting on January 2nd and 3rd. Please understand that we will not process refund during the registration period. All refund from previous semesters will be processed after the start of the semester. We will send another email shortly.
Latest 2015 Achievement
Congratulations to all Olympiads students who have been accepted into elite American universities and achieved extraordinary results in various science and debate contests.
American University Acceptance
- Michael Liu has been accepted into Harvard University
- Catherine Zheng has been accepted into Harvard University
- Richard Du has been accepted into Princeton University
- Bill Huang has been accepted into Princeton University
- Vanessa Du has been accepted into Columbia University
- Ruby Zhang has been accepted into University of Chicago
- Bill Jia has been accepted into California Institute of Technology
- Frieda Rong has been accepted into University of California, Berkeley
- Jane Du has been accepted into Cornell University
- Tom Ding has been accepted into University of California, Berkeley
Olympiads student Bill Huang has qualified for the International Mathematics Olympiad. The mathematics national team consists of 6 students.
1) Three Olympiads students have qualified for the International Physics Olympiad. They are: Wilson Wu, Andrew Kim, and Oliver Wang. The physics national team consists of 5 students.
2) Two Olympiads students have received first and second place in the American Association of Physics Teachers contest in the Canadian Region. They are: Oliver Wang and Wilson Wu.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Chemistry Olympiad. Jeff An is one of the two students. The chemistry national team consists of 4 students.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Olympiad in Informatics. They are: Timothy Li and Ben Zhang. The informatics national team consists of 4 students.
Two Olympiads students have qualified for the International Astronomy Olympiad. They are: Oliver Wang and Wilson Wu. The astronomy national team consists of 5 students.
1) Alex Wu qualified for the World Schools Team. This is the third student we have had to make the WSDC team which is extremely prestigious and only has 12 members in total. Jeffrey Li and Selina Li both made the national team try-out but did not ultimately make the team.
2) Heather Wong and Selina Li were the top breaking team at the International Competition for Young Debaters (ICYD) held this year at Cambridge University. Selina was the top speaker and Heather was the third speaker but unfortunately they only made it to the semi-finals.
3) Alykhan and Jocelyn were quarter finalists at the Junior National Championships. As well, Alykhan was the top speaker, Jocelyn was 9th, Matt Wang was 12th and Alex Wang was 14th.